Monday, December 13, 2010

School or Venting, I'm not sure which.

I'm currently finding the end of this semester to be one of the most ironic things in my life.  I know very well that come the end of this week school will be over....not just for the semester, but it will really really finally be over.  The ironic part is that I still see no 'light at the end of the tunnel'.  You know, the one they say you're supposed to start to see when you get close to graduating.  In other words, this is the absolute longest semester of my life and it is NEVER going to end...okay, it will end, but unfortunately, I was very done with school last April.  On a brighter note, I discovered that I miscalculated something for one of my classes, I was thinking I had to get 90% or higher on the final to pass the class and I only need 70%, so that relieves quite a bit of finals stress.  Maybe it's God's nice way of helping me cope with this random finals week sickness I have (okay, just a cold, but colds make me really kind of sick while I'm pregnant).  Anyhow, I'm trying to use what I've learned from attending Recovery and not expect so much from myself this week, seeing how as I really can't do as much as I'd like to.

On a more baby note, I'm due next week (on Tuesday).  I suspect baby will not be born this week.  I hope baby will be born next week.  If not, she will be born the next week (thanks to induction).  Oh, and remember how she was gonna be huge, well, she's still gonna be huge!  I had an ultrasound last week and her estimated weight was 8 lbs 1 oz.  I think it must come from the Armstrong side of the family because I was one of my mother's bigger babies, born 1 day before my due date at a whopping 6 lbs 3 oz.  Needless to say, I'm a little surprised by the hugeness of my baby, but pleased that (from what I've been told) the weight should help her be healthier, especially in the wonderful RSV and flu season she will be born.  I think I sound cynical, I'm sorry.  We're excited to meet our baby and be done with school.  Oh, and those of you we don't actually talk to on a regular basis, we're moving to Nebraska.  I guess we haven't mentioned that yet.

Blah blah blah...this means I'm using too many words.  :)  Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Everything takes forever at the end of the pregnancy. The days, hours, and minutes are so long. I wish I could make it go faster somehow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ALMOST there!!! On all accounts: being done with school, having your baby, and sickness can only last for so long right? :) And uhm...when are you moving to Nebraska?

    ReplyDelete