Monday, November 8, 2010

Shelly Wallwork Catton

This is the name of my cousin who recently passed away. She is one of my oldest cousins, almost thirty years older than I am. I never met her that I can recall, but I did meet each one of her children, including Julie, who was in our stake last year. I knew Shelly's parents well (Lorane and Lanny); they said that of all their seven children, Shelly was the most prepared to meet our Savior.

My mother, however, was closer to Shelly than she was many of her sisters (being only six years older). She told me, with great fondness, of duets that they would perform together as children. She reflected on the friendship she enjoyed with Shelly.

Well, this is the first of any of my cousins that have passed away and I am grateful for her example as she continues to bring honor to the Packer family!

No comments:

Post a Comment