I was shopping with my mom over Thanksgiving and a few funny things happened. Well, I found these two things I'm going to tell you humorous at least.
(1) We took Keitatsu shopping with us. After his nap, when we thought he should be starving, we took him to McDonald's and bought him a happy meal. (Kyoko probably wouldn't like to know that, but I don't think she reads this blog, so she still doesn't know that.) The toy that came in his happy meal was a transformer (complete with a little red thing that you stick on his arm and push a button to shoot it...I hope you get the picture). It really was very ugly. My mom opened it and gave it to Keitatsu. He thought it was terrifying and cried and screamed, so my mother hid it for a minute. Then, when he wasn't looking, she pulled it out again and started shooting the red thing at me. Keitatsu hated that. Somehow this is a very frightening toy. So, my mother put it in the happy meal box. When we were wanting to leave, she started putting his food in the happy meal box. He screamed and cried again because the scary transformer toy was going to get it or something. It really was quite humorous. And this is not the same event, but Keitatsu is easily frightened. He was afraid of many of the Christmas ornaments and this cute snowman stuffed animal. Like really really afraid. My mom has started calling him the wimp, lovingly of course.
(2) When we were leaving McDonald's, I walked out of the doors and there were these two little girls (obviously sisters, one older than the other). The younger sister grabbed a nasty icicle from the bottom of their van and ate it. While this was happening, the older sister was trying to tell her not to. I thought it was kind of funny (and yes, kind of gross). I looked at the older sister and quietly giggled. She looked at me and sad, "She's just a gross person." Her tone sounded as if she had given up on her sister ever amounting to anything else.
I love these stories. Kids are so wonderful and funny. Its amazing to see how those cute personalities will grow up into individuals with the capacity to do amazing things.
ReplyDelete