Monday, September 13, 2010

Melissa's half birthday!

I'm not sure how many of our readers have ever celebrated a half birthday, but we think they are fun!

This is what I did for Melissa:
I wrote her a card about things that I love about her. Then I cut it in half. It read:


I then made her a christmas box our of paper (origami). Perhaps I can just call it a gift box. On the top I wrote:



and on the bottom I wrote:


I then placed a necklace I had purchased in Toronto in the box. It has the Star of David as a central feature. I knew she didn't have any jewelry with the Star of David on it when I saw it and thought it was very pretty and thought she would like it very much. I like the way the color of the necklace contrasts against Melissa's dark skin (by-the-way I'm so thrilled I got to marry someone darker than me!)


I presented the box to her and sang:
"Hap Birth To, Hap Birth To, Hap Birth De Meli, Hap Birth To"
It was great fun says we!

Later that night we were joined for a game of Monopoly by our friends Jeff, Alia, and friend David. It was a very pleasant evening.


1 comment: