I will now discuss my thoughts regarding the good of the entire human race. Benjamin Franklin believed as I do that any information learned by one should be shared with others that together it can benefit the entire society.
The way Aristotle said it was "The whole is greater than the sum of the parts." So if I make a contribution to society, I want as many people as possible to benefit. So if information I receive is useful, I am little concerned with its source.
Now I realize that money complicates the issue. When generating ideas is your profession, it is important you get paid for it and not anyone else. So I am saying quote me all you want. The way God says it is "whether by my own voice or the voice of my servants it is the same" (Doctrine and Covenants 1:38, 1831).
References
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1981. The Doctrine and Covenants of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Salt Lake City, UT. Published by author.
Franklin, Benjamin, 1769 or something. The autobiography of Benjamin Franklin. Some place (I left the book in Utah). Bantham Books perhaps.
No comments:
Post a Comment