Monday, March 1, 2010

My Possessed Phone

About a month ago, Ry and I bought a new phone from Walmart (you couldn't hear him very well on his).  We were happy because it was super cheap, it felt cheap, but it was a phone and worked like a phone, so, as already said, we were happy.  I took the phone because Ry didn't really like it.  No biggie to me.



So, I use my phone as my alarm.  It's something I've been doing since I've had a phone.  It ends up that I can sleep through even the loudest alarm clock (you can ask my family members, I bet they remember).  However, even the vibration of the phone (unless I'm super super super tired) will wake me up.  So it's worked well for me.

This new phone has an alarm that talks to you, and this is what it says, "It is time to wake up.  The time is [insert current time here]."  And it just repeats that over and over.  I find it kind of humorous.  Anyhow, one night we set the alarm for 7am.  When the alarm went off, as expected, it said, "It is time to wake up.  The time is 2:32."  And I thought to myself, "Weird!"  I asked Ry what time it was and he said it really was 2:32, so I checked the alarm and it was set for 7.  I disregarded it, but since that time, it goes off at least once in the middle of the night everytime I use it.  Needless to say, the phone is no longer being my alarm.  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad! That sounds like a cool alarm, when it works. :) Mine has actually started going off at random times too--but it stops doing it when I turn it off & take out the battery, until the next time I plug it in to charge it (then I have to take out the battery again). Maybe that will help yours? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete