Melissa Armstrong and I had a discussion last night that was very eye opening. We discussed how much our perception of each other has been skewed the entire time we have known each other. Melissa stated that she has seen how happy I have been recently and that has made her realize that I have been mostly unhappy the whole time she has known me. I confirmed that I have been mostly unhappy and responded that I projected that unhappiness on to her.
What I am now coming to understand are invitations to create and maintain a happy family and home life I previously perceived to be willful, deliberate attempts to insult my intelligence and to erode my self-worth.
I'm not sure why I was inspired to share that here.
Anyway, my conclusion from this discussion is that there is an infinite depth of connection that is possible between husband and wife, and we are stepping into a whole new world of connection, gratification, and understanding that will bring an intense richness of joy that I never realized was possible in this life!
This clearer understanding confirms to me what Napoleon Hill said, "The only limitations we have are the ones we place on ourselves." I am on a journey of stepping beyond the limitations I have come to identify with and even name "I". I am redefining the word I into brilliant security, majestic power, undaunted courage, infinite wisdom, boundless charity!
Yes, yes my hope for a gloriously intimate, satisfying, nourishing, enlightening, passionate, elevating marriage is VERY VERY bright! Kindness begins with me.
What I am now coming to understand are invitations to create and maintain a happy family and home life I previously perceived to be willful, deliberate attempts to insult my intelligence and to erode my self-worth.
I'm not sure why I was inspired to share that here.
Anyway, my conclusion from this discussion is that there is an infinite depth of connection that is possible between husband and wife, and we are stepping into a whole new world of connection, gratification, and understanding that will bring an intense richness of joy that I never realized was possible in this life!
This clearer understanding confirms to me what Napoleon Hill said, "The only limitations we have are the ones we place on ourselves." I am on a journey of stepping beyond the limitations I have come to identify with and even name "I". I am redefining the word I into brilliant security, majestic power, undaunted courage, infinite wisdom, boundless charity!
Yes, yes my hope for a gloriously intimate, satisfying, nourishing, enlightening, passionate, elevating marriage is VERY VERY bright! Kindness begins with me.
Hey, I saw you guys at the orthodontic pool party (leaving out specifics for privacy) I was so surprised! I thought it might be weird to say hi though. Haha.
ReplyDeleteIf two replies show up, sorry, I thought I already did reply. Awesome! If it ever happens again, say hi, we want to know who you are! (And yes we were there.) It wouldn't have been weird for us; cool is more what comes to mind. :)
Delete