Hi! I've been listening to Robert Kiyosaki's audio book 3 Steps to Wealth or something like that. Anyway, the main thing that sticks with me from listening to Robert Kiyosaki; he masterfully teaches the idea that the average person can grow wealth and that wealth is not good or bad in and of itself (this especially is a paradigm that takes a lot of time and effort to uproot). I can make money in order to create more value (make the world a better place), I can even make money BY creating more value.
some of my own thoughts: Jesus taught that the love of money is the root of all evil, but what about the hatred of money? Is that somehow a noble attitude to have? Is that how we apply Jesus' council?
I can tell you from personal experience that hating money is miserable and counter-productive. I'm pretty sure what Jesus meant is to love eternal things more than temporal things, godly more than wordly things. So I want to quote Matt Parks in saying I like money, and if I treat it well, money will like me back :). It is a resource, just like time, just like words, etc.
So, I like Robert Kiyosaki; he's a good teacher. But I wish that he would have stuck to writing books rather than organizing Real Estate Seminars that teach people but don't really help them really do Real Estate.
some of my own thoughts: Jesus taught that the love of money is the root of all evil, but what about the hatred of money? Is that somehow a noble attitude to have? Is that how we apply Jesus' council?
I can tell you from personal experience that hating money is miserable and counter-productive. I'm pretty sure what Jesus meant is to love eternal things more than temporal things, godly more than wordly things. So I want to quote Matt Parks in saying I like money, and if I treat it well, money will like me back :). It is a resource, just like time, just like words, etc.
So, I like Robert Kiyosaki; he's a good teacher. But I wish that he would have stuck to writing books rather than organizing Real Estate Seminars that teach people but don't really help them really do Real Estate.
good wise words, Son. I am writing a talk in Spanish even now, to deliver tomorrow. It's about the Abrahamic covenant. One of the promises is to inherit all that God has, and to bless all the nations of the earth through the priesthood. We want wealth, yes we do. Think of DC 38:39 and DC 7:11 and DC 78: 17-22. Go for the riches of eternity, and let the treasures of the earth be manifested also to further his work. We just need to learn to use all He gives us in his own way.
ReplyDeletePai
My in-laws liked the post too.