First, the embarrassing moment (why does embarrassing need two Rs and two Ss? What a high maintenance, particular word!):
Anyway, I was leading the Social Skills group with patients at the Utah State Hospital. We were simulating planning a road trip to practice various social skills that would be required. So I found a site that searches out hotels and such-the group wanted a package that included 9 rooms in a 5-star hotel with a conference room setup for 12 hours every day for the whole 5 days.
I entered all this info in to the site thinking it would generate an estimate of how much that would cost and which hotels have that capability... what actually happened is the website assigned us a travel agent with a promise that she would be contacting us soon to discuss our options! whoops! So, I here publicly apologize to chubbman69@yahoo.com and to whoever has the phone number 555-555-5555.
Second, the doings that amused me today.
We have a splash pad at the park near our house. The fountains that shoot up out of it are on a varied schedule; occasionally all the fountains will shut off at the same time for a short period of time. Every time that happened, all the kids at the splash pad let out a collective, very disappointed "Ahhhh, No..". Then, about 10 seconds later they would all shriek with alarm/delight when the water came back on. :) Also, we met up there with our friends Melissa and Rei (Rei is 5 years old). Rei took Vidalia into the water several times, usually for about 3 minutes before they would both walk back to us and announce "We had so much fun in there! It was so fun!". Or as Vidalia would say it "We ha soma fuh! We ha soma fuh Mommy, inair!"
Anyway, I was leading the Social Skills group with patients at the Utah State Hospital. We were simulating planning a road trip to practice various social skills that would be required. So I found a site that searches out hotels and such-the group wanted a package that included 9 rooms in a 5-star hotel with a conference room setup for 12 hours every day for the whole 5 days.
I entered all this info in to the site thinking it would generate an estimate of how much that would cost and which hotels have that capability... what actually happened is the website assigned us a travel agent with a promise that she would be contacting us soon to discuss our options! whoops! So, I here publicly apologize to chubbman69@yahoo.com and to whoever has the phone number 555-555-5555.
Second, the doings that amused me today.
We have a splash pad at the park near our house. The fountains that shoot up out of it are on a varied schedule; occasionally all the fountains will shut off at the same time for a short period of time. Every time that happened, all the kids at the splash pad let out a collective, very disappointed "Ahhhh, No..". Then, about 10 seconds later they would all shriek with alarm/delight when the water came back on. :) Also, we met up there with our friends Melissa and Rei (Rei is 5 years old). Rei took Vidalia into the water several times, usually for about 3 minutes before they would both walk back to us and announce "We had so much fun in there! It was so fun!". Or as Vidalia would say it "We ha soma fuh! We ha soma fuh Mommy, inair!"
FYI Rei not Ray. I thought it was spelled Ray until I saw Melissa write something on facebook.
ReplyDelete