Here's an explanation that I'm copying from Katie that she copied from another friend:
Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, beloved, or dearest. You don't really win anything tangible, but you get to learn more about the authors of your favorite blogs, plus it's free publicity from those who nominate you. Then you get to pay it forward!
11 Random Facts
- I'm half Arab. Everyone who reads my blog already knows that, but for some reason people are impressed with me because of that (even though I didn't have anything to do with it).
- When I was in Junior High/High School, I REALLY wanted to go to the Julliard School of Music until I realized how rounded my education from such an institute wouldn't be.
- I used to be president of an engineering club in grade school where I made everybody sing and mocked the people who actually wanted to be engineers, just a little bit and not by singing. (I'd like to note that I pretty much loved every part of that club though.)
- I'm somewhat of an anti-feminist. I appreciate feminists when they fight for the things that they believe in (say the right to vote and own land and such), but I think that feminism in the United States has become a project to make women men.
- My two favorite movies of all times are Penelope (2006) and You Can't Take It With You (1938).
- I love discussing things (controversial or otherwise) with people who have a different view than me, but I hate being told that my view on things is wrong.
- I once played a $42,000 Italian violin. I've pretty much wished I owned one since then.
- When I was little my favorite color was hot pink. I don't really know when that changed and I do still like pink.
- I love working with numbers. (Sometimes I grab a blank notebook and do long division when I'm feeling bored.)
- If I could swim everyday of my whole life, I probably would. (Especially if said swimming is in an ocean.)
- Risk used to be one of my favorite board games until I played it with my husband before we were married. I've never really like it much since.
Katie's 11 Questions
1. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
I can't think of one I'm most proud of, but Vidalia is sleeping right now! She's been on a schedule
devoid of a regular sleep schedule since we moved to Utah pretty much and nap time is ridiculous
around here.
2. What's your favorite ice cream?
I don't actually have one favorite, but I pretty much always like cookie dough.
3. What skill do you wish you had?
I wish I was really good at talking to people I don't know. I usually feel awkward and have nothing to
say and want to just leave the situation.
4. What book character do you relate to most?
I'm not feeling like I super relate to any characters right now (and I'm a thousand times worse at thinking
of movie characters than book characters anyway), but if I were a combination of Stargirl Caraway (as
displayed in Stargirl and not as much as in Love, Stargirl) and Anne Shirley I think I'd be a pretty cool
person.
5. What song must you always dance to when it comes on?
Anything from Seven Brides for Seven Brothers or anything that has a similar sound.
6. If you were brave (read: crazy) enough (and your S.O. let you) what unique name would you give your
child?
Vidalia...it seems that people either love it or hate it. Please don't tell me if you hate it, I obviously like it
since I named my child that.
7. What city (or country) in the world do you want to visit most?
Egypt
8. Favorite birthday and why?
When I turned 22 because my best friend proposed to me. I don't know how to beat that.
9. If you could pick an age at which to stop aging, what would it be?
I wouldn't. I find myself impressed by the older women who don't try desperately to stay younger than
they are. I feel like they've earned all their wrinkles and all their age does to them appearance wise is
make them look more graceful. I think it's beautiful.
10. Favorite place to go on a date?
Anywhere. I like to go on dates. Although my favorite date ever was probably my first anniversary
when we went to downtown Toronto and walked around and went to Center Island and rode a bike
and walked around and ate dinner in the CN tower and walked around there too. It was so much fun!
11. What's your best pickup line?
I've never used one and I've been wracking my brain like crazy for a good one. Sorry. I have none.
If anyone would like to do this, I would love to see your answers. Um...you can use Katie's questions.


My 22nd birthday was probably my favorite too. An investigator got baptized. Hard to beat that too. Both life and eternity changing events.
ReplyDeleteI can tell you, one place that I've always wanted to go on a date is to the airport. Hahaha, that sounds weird. In Charlottesville, the airport is small so I'd love to find a grassy spot, set up a picnic and watch airplanes take off and land while we talk. I heard there's a place to do that in DC as well. The Richmond airport as a Blackbird SR-71 which would be just as nice.
ReplyDeleteBook character: Valancy from Blue Castle - I keep thinking I move past her and keep finding myself running into her all over again.
Skill I wish I had: Same as you - the ability to draw new people into conversation and get to know them.
I can't help dancing to just about any song when it comes on. You should see me on my commute to and from work - I dance my way through the woods every day. I must look so silly.
For the record, I would give you Liebster award too. I love the German word liebling. It's beautiful and loving and a good way to describe people that you care a lot about.
Katie,
ReplyDeletesince this comment didn't have anything to do with Gideon I put it under a more appropriate post. Thanks for giving Melissa the award!
March 25, 2013 at 2:55 PM
For Melissa: Hey! I just nominated you for a Liebster award! It's a real thing? haha Read my blog about it if you want to do it. :) And I'm pretty excited for you about your baby boy!
Oh, please give me another chance with Risk. We can still enjoy that game. I'm glad I was a part of your favorite date :). I agree that wrinkles are something to be proud of. Love,
ReplyDeleteT.H.E.