Thursday, August 26, 2010

Anniversary

For our one year anniversary, we had a lot of fun.  We took our time in the morning (Ryan conveniently didn't need to work.).  Then we took the bus downtown.  Found a mediteranean place and ate falafel for lunch, went to Centre Island, rented a quadricycle (2-seater, but side-by-side, more romantic in our opinion).

We saw these things.  (Note:  All pictures came off of a phone, so not the best quality.)





That stuff was on the bike.  Then we went swimming in Lake Ontario.  That's what Ryan had really really wanted to do all summer and so we did.  They've really cleaned up the lake since the last time I got in.  Last time I got in there was a sign that said, "Swim at own risk.  Lake has salmonilla."  They had really cleaned up everything and there was even a nice beach.  I guess the salmonilla thing was really about 5 years ago though.

After swimming we left the island, taking these pictures on our way off.  (Again, pictures from phone.)







As we left the sun was beginning to set, but wasn't actually set yet.  We decided that we would eat dinner in the CN tower.  They have a rotating restaurant.  It's super expensive, but we were going up in the tower anyway and when you get dinner you don't have to pay to go in the tower.  There was some rationalizationing done, but it was worth it.  (For anyone who doesn't know, the CN Tower is the super tall tower in the picture above.  It's actually built to be a tall radio tower (? is that what they call it), but along the way of building it, someone decided it should be a tourist attraction, and so that's what it is.  It was the tallest building in the world until 2007 when Dubai built what is now the tallest building in the world.  It's comparable to the Space Needle, but it's taller.)

Our food looked super fancy, so we took pictures of it.



In case you can't tell, this is chicken with vegetables.

Eggplant, tomato, asparagus, and rice.

Ryan announced to the waiter that it was our anniversary, so they gave us a free dessert.


Someone is really good at writing in chocolate syrup.  You can't tell from this picture, but underneath the chocolate pretzel (yes that is what it is) is a chocolate tower.  Ryan ate half the fruit and told me I got to eat the rest.  I told him he was wrong and so he ate half of the chocolate and liked it too.  I got proof.



This is Ryan eating chocolate.  He really did like it.  When we started dinner the sun was up, when it ended it was down.  That was especially cool since we were high up in a tower in a rotating room surrounded by windows.



After we ate dinner, we walked around all the parts of the tower.  There's a glass floor that shows all the way to the ground.  It made Ryan kind of nervous, I was amused.  We ended in the gift shop where I bought an overpriced onesie that was something like what I had been looking for all summer.  We went home and thought it was pretty much the perfect anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment