Saturday, March 17, 2012

This Week

This week has been crazy.  I don't think I can even begin to explain how crazy.

Ryan successfully surprised me for my birthday.  He planned something with a friend in the ward and kept it a complete secret from me.  I have to once again congratulate him because this is the first full surprise he's ever been able to pull on me.  He was so proud, I wish you could have seen his face.  Perhaps if I had actually used the camera (I did have it with me) you would have been able too.

It also seemed like all sorts of news poured out of everywhere on my birthday.  This, I don't think, is actually true.  The greatest  news of the day was that we could move.  For real.  For final.  I feel like I've been waiting FOREVER.  It hasn't been forever.  Somethings sure feel that way though.  We already love our new apartment.  For starters, IT'S CLEAN!  Our last apartment was never clean, no matter what we did.  And when I say clean, I'm ignoring the fact that everything got moved here today and lots of stuff still needs to be placed.  It's crowded now with boxes.  How did we get so much stuff?  I don't know, but I can guarantee a purge is coming on in the Armstrong home.

To add to all the wonderful news, Vidalia and I will be in Utah in less than two days.  I'm so excited.

I'm so glad that this week has had so many distractions.  I've needed some for so long, but there couldn't have been a better week than this one to actually have something I have to do (besides making sure the baby doesn't die, which is my main duty).

As a note, I will be in Utah for 2 weeks.  It's going to be pretty busy it seems (mostly with playing).  If you'd like to see us, please give me a call and we'll see if we can make it happen.  I make no guarantees though.  2 weeks is not long, especially when you already have to split it between so much fabulous family.

P.S. It's St. Patrick's Day.  I love St. Patrick's Day.  I think it's because I just love green.  I wore no green today.  I dressed the baby in no green.  I have special earrings for this day (who even knows where they are).  In other words, I failed St. Patrick's Day.  What really baffles me is how I could forget about it.  I remember St. Patrick's Day when I was a freshman in college.  I wore green crocs and a green capris and a green shirt and a green sweatshirt.  I'm sure I looked ridiculous.  My boss sent me home to change because it was freezing and we were cleaning the baseball stadium (outside with giant hoses, if you are unaware how it's done).  I came back with green socks and a green coat.  I still have that coat.  I hope you all wanted to know that.

P.P.S.  I've worn much more ridiculous things.  Giant boots, orange pants, and the same bright green coat, that I still have on a day when it wasn't even that cold, comes to mind.  If someone wants to turn me into that show that takes away all your clothes and buys you new ones, I wouldn't mind.  I will start dressing really terribly if you give me a heads up...to increase my chances of being picked.

P.P.P.S.  I seem to be on a roll, so why not ppps?

1 comment:

  1. Your little girl is so cute! I hope you are having a wonderful time in Utah, and congrats on your new apartment!

    ReplyDelete