Saturday, September 7, 2013

Dancing

Those of you who have spent Amy significant time with us since Vidalia has been a toddler is probably aware that we instruct her to dance...a lot.  Our instructions usually sound like this,"Vidalia, do me a shirt dance!" In which case she will then dance and often accompany herself by singing,"Shirt dance, shirt dance, shirt dance, etc."  Shirt can be substituted for any word you like, Apple, face, Grammy, car, happy, anything you want.

Today Vidalia asked me for some milk. I poured her a cup and then instructed her to do a milk dance. She did. Singing milk dance as I have explained.  She noticed Gideon watching her (Have I ever mentioned that she is the object of most of his affection? He dotes on her words and movements.).  She then went over to him and said,"Gideon, do my milk dance."  He responded appropriately by leaning forward and flinging his arms.  Our children are going to be so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment